The Val & Kit Mystery Series

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Here’s to 2017!


Kit: C’mon in, girlfriend. Happy New Year! Have a glass of champagne.
Val: Thank you. And the same to you. So what did Larry buy you for Christmas?
Kit: My darling husband gave me a Pasquini Espresso Machine.
Val: Wow, that certainly sounds like something you’d want.
Kit: Yeah, it was when I told him to buy it three weeks ago. But I already returned it and bought two pairs of Manolos instead. What about you?
Val: My mom renewed the subscription she gave me last year for Reader’s Digest
Kit: Just in time. I’m sure they’ll tell you how to keep your New Year’s resolutions.
Val: As if. But I’m not finished; she also gave me a flashlight developed by NASA for the space station, which means I can apparently see the space station when I turn it on.
Kit: Should come in handy in Downers Grove. What about Tom?
Val: Tom?
Kit: Yes, Tom, your boss, remember him? Did he give you a gift?
Val: Yes. He was very generous.
Kit: Let me guess. Two lumps of coal, instead of the usual one.
Val: Actually, you are very close. He gave me a beautiful diamond cross on a silver chain.
Kit: So Billie chose it.
Val: Probably. But I love it.
Kit: Okay, so goodbye, 2016. Here’s to 2017.
Val: Yes. And our trip to England. I can’t wait. All the reservations are in place.
Kit: I better not be charged for excess luggage.
Val: I’m sure your steamer trunk will fit in the overhead.
Kit: And they better have good coffee over there. I’m not into tea, ya know.
Val: I’m sure you’ll find a decent cup of coffee. Maybe we should get your Pasquini thingy back.
Kit: No. I’ll wing it. You know I’m not picky.
Val: Riiight. So, here’s to 2017 and our trip. And I hope England is ready.

Read all about our girls’ trip to England in
No. 6 of The Val & Kit Mystery Series
FOREIGN RELATIONS
coming soon! 




No comments:

Post a Comment